Thursday, December 6, 2007

Big hopes for a little bulb

Health beverages are abundant in Japan. Between the amino-acid infused water and vitamin c fiber drink, you'll find airplane bottles of ginger extract, garlic extract, and various extracts I could not identify by the picture on the bottle. While visiting my boyfriend who was living in Tokyo, I had the (unfortunate) opportunity to test the antibiotic properties of garlic.

I'm pretty sure I transported a bug from the US, because my man got terribly ill the day after I arrived. Having no luck finding echinacea, zinc, or any of my regular cold combatants, I selected garlic extract. The bottle looked almost identical to the one on the right, but the the drawing on the label depicted garlic instead of ginger. He drank one every few hours and was feeling much better within a day.

Today I crossed the boundary from calling my sneezing allergies to accepting I'm coming down with something, so I'm loading up on odorless garlic extract tablets. Hopefully it will help salvage my weekend.

No comments: